Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some spaghetti squash that had been sitting on my counter for a while, so I threw this together. I was told that this recipe was a keeper, so I'm passing it on. This is a microwave dish so it will be good in the summer when it's too hot to use the stove.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, pierced in several places
- 1 lb sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1 (24 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesshredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- garlic salt
- Pierce spaghetti squash in several places and cook on high 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry sausage and drain grease.
- Cut end off and split squash, scooping out seeds.
- Scoop out flesh and place in large bowl.
- Mix in cottage cheese, sausage and cheese.
- Season well with pizza seasoning and garlic salt.
- Cook in 5 minute increments, stirring each time.
- When casserole is hot and bubbly, remove from microwave.
- You can top with pasta sauce as desired.