Recipe by LARavenscroft
A recipe that I found on www.mizfrogspad.com that I've adapted a bit. Please note that depending on whether you use dried or fresh cilantro it is added in a different step.
Top Review by breezermom
So much taste for so little effort! I cannot imagine substituting dried cilantro...the fresh was so wonderful in this. I served this with Spanish Baked Roast Chicken and loved it! Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe....I'll use this one often.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sautÃ© for 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin and sautÃ© for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans and water (and cilantro if using dried).
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the beans are heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro (if using fresh) and lime juice.