From the Joy of Cooking. I know there are lots of sour cream coffee cakes out there, but this one is slightly different in that there is no butter in the batter. This goes together very quickly, just like the name says, and when it is warm, the texture is just wonderful.
- Prepare streusel topping:.
- With fork, combine flour, butter and sugar till crumbly.
- Add cinnamon. Set aside.
- Coffee Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine sour cream and eggs. Beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture. Beat just till smooth as overbeating tends to toughen dough.
- Spread in a lightly oiled 9x9 pan.
- Sprinkle with streusel (and nuts if desired).
- Bake about 30-40 minutes at 350, or till tester comes out clean.