Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was created by putting bits and pieces of old recipes and newer ones together. I hope you will like it! Didn't include chilling time for the fruit.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury pie crusts
- cinnamon, for sprinkling on dough
- honey, for drizzling
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila, flamed to remove alcohol (optional)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or 3 tablespoons agave syrup or 3 tablespoons honey
- Prepare Fruit Ceviche:.
- Finely dice fruit into uniform pieces.
- Combine orange juice, tequila, and nectar or syrup or honey.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve over sopapillas with ice cream, sorbet or just as is.
- Make the dough:.
- To prepare the dough cut 1 pie crust into 4 sections. (If you want more measure out how many you want and/or you can use more than one pie crust).
- Deep fry until crispy.
- Remove from oil & sprinkle with cinnamon and/or a drizzle of honey. (These are not needed; if using the fruit ceviche).