Recipe by LoveBakedIn
Our family likes these breadsticks because they are soft and chewy. I like to make them when I am in a hurry because they rise quickly.
Top Review by Greeny4444
Awesome recipe! These are so easy and taste great too! I made my dough by hand, using 3 cups of all-purpose flour. I combined everything except the water (which I made sure was about 110 degrees F) and the oil, then I stirred the water in, followed by the oil. I did knead the dough a few times before I rolled it out, too. It didn't really take much more flour. I let them rise about 30 minutes, and I found that 15 minutes was a perfect amount of baking time. I got 12 breadsticks, but I didn't measure how big I rolled my rectangle out. I brushed them with butter when they came out of the oven, I dipped mine in marinara sauce, and my husband had honey on his. This is a keeper! Thank you!
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Make dough using your favorite method- bread machine, mixer or by hand.
- Roll out into a 10x12 inch rectangle.
- Cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide.
- Give each strip a twist and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for at least 20 minutes or more if you have time.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.