Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick, tasty, and satisfying meal. Cooking time doesn't include making rice. You can use leftover rice if you like. You could also add beans to this dish, or substitute them for the sausage.
- 1 cup uncooked measurement brown rice, cooked about 3 cups cooked
- 3⁄4 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
- shredded cheese
- Cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until nicely browned.
- Run tomatoes thru food processor or chopper until as smooth as desired, and drain with fine-mesh strainer.
- Add rice and tomatoes to sausage.
- Heat, stirring, until heated through.
- Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!