Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Easy weeknight meal of beef slow cooked all day in yummy mushroom gravy. assemble the night before and start the slow cooker on your way out the door in the morning!
- 1 lb beef chuck
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets beef gravy mix, prepared or 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets mushroom gravy mix
- 2 (5 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes, mashed potato variety of your choice (I usually use traditional )
- toss beef and flour.
- heat a non-stick skillet on med-high.
- drain mushroom liquid into skillet.
- when liquid is hot add beef and brown.
- put beef into slow cooker "crock".
- add prepared gravy and mushrooms.
- at this point you can put into the fridge if you are doing this the night before or cook on low for 8 hours.
- heat Simply Potatoes® mashed potatoes as directed.
- serve beef and gravy over the Simply Potatoes® mashed potatoes.