Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was craving this dish, but didn't have a whole lot of time after work and with a toddler to contend with. Now, I'm not saying this is the best cioppino ever, but it is entirely adequate for a quick and healthy meal. If you grate all your veggies, prep your fish and throw everything in the pot, it cooks up in no time. Serve with a great crusty loaf of bread.
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup onion, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle red wine
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb salmon, cut into 2-inch piecees
- 1⁄4 lb white fish, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup squid ring
- 1⁄2 cup scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grate your veggies, and saute over med-high heat until transluscent.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients up to the fish. Bring to a boil, then stir and reduce over medium heat until desired consistency/flavor.
- Add in fish in the order laid out, with the scallops going in the very last- these should cook for only a few minutes (only just cooked through), as any longer will give you rubbery white pellets.
- Season to taste.