Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you like curry, you will love this quick and easy recipe! if you prefer really spicy then add in some dried chili flakes. This is a great way to use up any leftover turkey or chicken. Mango Chutney can be found at any Indian section of you major grocery store. If your apples are small then use two.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (or to taste)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider (NOT apple cider vinegar!)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups cooked chicken, chopped (or turkey)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet (I use my large electric skillet for this).
- Add in the onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder and cumin; saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chopped apple and flour; stir for 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add in apple cider, whipping cream, chutney and tomato paste; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture thickens (about 20-25 minutes, at this point season with more spices if desired).
- Add in the chopped turkey, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for about 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- **NOTE** for a thicker sauce make a slurry of cold water and a tablespoon of flour, and add it in towards the end of cooking, just simmer for another minute or so until desired thickness.