Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Campbell's. My family really liked this recipe. My fiancee actually said he loved it. When I made this I used Hunts canned spaghetti sauce. I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder prior to baking. I used Bordon Shred Medley's Garden Blend cheese as that is what I had on hand.
- 26 ounces prego traditional Italian sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine Italian sauce, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, chicken and macaroni in skillet. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until macaroni is done, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Kitchen Clip: You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken for this dish.
This recipe accomplished my goal of not going to the store and feeding the family fast. My husband was the only one excited but nobody really complained either. In fairness to the recipe, my kids are not big spaghetti sauce lovers so maybe they would have liked it better if they were. For me, I would probably make it again in a pinch.