One night I had chicken breasts, diced tomatoes and 20 minutes to make a quick but remotely healthy dinner. I raided my pantry and fridge for a few items always on hand and ended up creating a dish that turned out tasty. I served it over rice, but it could also be served over your choice of pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Spanish olives, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (not completely, reserving at least 2 tbs. juice)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Heat 1 tbs. olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Season both sides with garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3Sauté chicken breasts in hot, oil-coated skillet; brown both sides evenly and cover until cooked through. Remove from skillet to a plate, set aside and cover.
- 4Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tbs. olive oil to skillet and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- 5Add olives and tomatoes to skillet, tossing to combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer until tomatoes are heated through.
- 6Return chicken breasts to skillet, spooning tomato mixture atop breasts.
- 7Sprinkle parmesan over all and lightly stir into tomato mixture. (Note: If tomato mixture is a little runny, add more parmesan per your preference.).
- 8Sprinkle mozzarella over chicken breasts only and cover pan.
- 9Once mozzarella is melted, serve immediately over rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Skillet Chicken Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 677.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g