Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Excellent chilli and quick!! Serve with or over cornmeal scones, (recipe in recipezaar), and with a green salad.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) canpickled sliced jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Cook 1 lb of beef at a time in oil, stirring occasionally, until brown, remove from dutch oven.
- Add onion and bell pepper to dutch oven.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender crisp.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except beef.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef.
- Cook 3 to 8 minutes or until beef is tender.