Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My brother's favourite home-made fish. He says its "really tasty".
- 1 pomfret fish, cut into 5 or 6 large pieces
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro
- 5 -6 green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 green cardamoms
- 10 -15 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 7 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi, dry
- water, as required for gravy
- Cut the fish into 5-6 pieces.
- Apply 2 tsps of salt on it.
- Now wash the fish in water and keep aside.
- Prepare a paste using the tomatoes, cilantro, green chillies and ginger and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the bay leaf, green cardamoms, garlic flakes and the paste.
- Stir well.
- Cook on medium flame till the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add the red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, turmeric powder, corriander powder, kasoori methi (mix between your palms before adding this in order to crush it really well) and water as required for gravy depending on how much gravy is desired.
- Mix well.
- Add the fish pieces.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot with steamed white Basmati rice.
excellent!!! I tried it twice with different kind of fish and turned out too good. Very simple ... THANKS A LOT....
Delicious and easy, I did it with pollack because that was only fish that I could get that doesn't fall apart easy but it even worked well with that. It is very hot but it doesn't mask all the wonderful flavors. Thanks for sharing!