Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Caesar salad, and came up with this variation for a quick and easy dinner salad.
Make and share this Quick & Simple Salmon Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 ounces salmon fillets
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (red leaf and herbs & spring greens salad mix)
- 1 -2 ounce parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 -2 tablespoon sliced almonds (suggest Almond Accents brand Italian Parmesan flavored)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I use Mt. Kofinas brand Mediterranean Blend infused Cretan olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing (I highly recommend Cindy's Kitchen Roasted Garlic Caesar if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat broiler to 425 deg F.
- Place filet on non-stick foil in a shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle fillet with the oilve oil; use your fingers or a brush to spread until coated.
- Sprinkle with salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Broil on top rack for 5-10 minutes, to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, chop leaf lettuce and soak together with spring mix in cold water in bowl; drain and spin dry.
- Toss lettuce with Caesar dressing.
- Divide lettuce between 2 serving plates.
- Remove salmon from oven when done and allow salmon to rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and carefully slice the halves into strips on a bias.
- Top lettuce on each plate with half of the sliced salmon and sprinkle with almonds, cheese and freshly ground black pepper to taste.