Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy, filling meal, without a long list of ingredients! I like this served over rice.
Make and share this Quick, Simple Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons medium curry paste (I use Patak's Curry Paste)
- 5 -6 new potatoes, cooked & cubed
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, well shaken
- In a deep frying pan, brown chicken thighs in oil.
- Remove chicken from pan& keep warm.
- Saute onion and green pepper until soft; add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in curry paste and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken, potatoes, peas and coconut milk; simmer 10 minutes or until curry sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve over rice.
I think this recipe has great potential if you play around with it. It was really good and very easy to prepare, but a little bland. The chicken itself needed more flavor. I think next time I will season the chicken before or while sauteing and maybe add more garlic? Definately a good start to a great recipe!
Yum, yum, yum! I loved this when made as recipe says. Then I made it again within a couple of weeks, but made it vegetrian (so, no chicken) and added spinach instead of green peas. It was great, and I think this basic recipe really lends itself to improvizations/variations. Thanks!