Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was so quick and easy to prepare, and considering it was made with a can of condensed tomato soup, I think it tasted amazing. Adding a 1/2 cup of sliced sweet onions might be a nice touch, or a couple dashes of hot sauce to make the broth a bit spicy.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with seafood or Cajun seasoning on both sides and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium/medium high heat.
- Add green pepper and celery and cook until tender-crisp, stirring often.
- Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the condensed soup, water, salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil.
- Place fish into the tomato soup mixture, and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 5 or 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Can be served over rice, or in bowls with crusty bread.
What a flavorful, simple recipe! I didn't have tomato soup, so I just added a can of chopped tomatoes and a little less water. I added half of a chopped onion, and half of a chopped dried chilli as well, because it was there and it sounded good. Cooked up easy and didn't have to pay tons of attention, which is good for me! Served with homemade buttered egg noodles, that I needed to use up. Thanks for the quick and simple dinner!