Recipe by missi_weber
This is a quick and delicious topping for vanilla ice cream. Frozen bananas work well with this recipe. I don't use measured amounts of ingredients, so feel free to vary the amounts listed to suit your taste. This is also good with crushed pecans sprinkled over the top.
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Over low heat, melt butter in a skillet and add brown sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla and maple extracts.
- Simmer for about a minute or two and add sliced bananas. Simmer another minute, or if using frozen, until banana's are warmed through.
- Spoon over ice cream and sprinkle with pecans.