Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Get out of the kitchen this summer with these delicious kabobs that beat the heat and the clock! 10 minutes from your BBQ to your dinner table. This delicious dish can be enjoyed during the winter months as well - Just cook under your broiler.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (*)
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetables, cubed (e.g. olives, zuchinni, yellow squash, pineapple chunks, cherry tomatoes, green or red bell peppers, )
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, roughly chopped
- bamboo skewer
- Trim excess fat from chicken breasts. Clean chicken thoroughly and pat dry. Cut chicken into 3 inch strips about 2 inches wide and 3 - 4 inches long. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Combine next seven (7) ingredients in a small non-aluminum saucepan. Simmer five minutes; cool. (Should be room temperature before coating chicken.).
- Thread chicken and bite-size vegetable/fruit through each bamboo skewer. (Alternate meat and vegetables/fruit). Generously brush kabobs with sauce.
- Transfer prepared kabobs to a lightly oiled grill over medium heat. Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, basting liberally with sauce during the grilling. (Note: If cooking under the broiler, broil for 10 minutes.).
- Place chicken kabobs on a warmed platter; sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- COOK'S TIP: When entertaining a crowd, double or triple the ingredients as needed.
- *LOOK FOR IT IN YOUR SUPERMARKET'S ASIAN FOOD AISLE.