Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the Vegetarian Express cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a delicious alternative to my other non-dairy pudding recipe (#58589)!
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (Generic brands are typically dairy-free, but Nestles and Hersheys are not, so read the labels!)
- 1 (10 ounce) package firm silken tofu (I prefer Mori Nu)
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon honey or 1 -2 tablespoon brown rice syrup, to taste
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 banana, thinly sliced (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan or double boiler with a tablespoon of water over medium heat.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to the container of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the tofu and process until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, honey, or rice syrup to taste, and sprinkle in the nutmeg.
- Process again until velvety smooth.
- Stir in the sliced banana, if desired.
- Divide the pudding among 6 dessert cups and chill until needed.
- Note: If you are looking for a dairy-free pudding, beware!
- Some brands of semisweet chips contain milk products.
- Most generic or store brands are safe, but be sure to read the label!