This recipe is from the Vegetarian Express cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a delicious alternative to my other non-dairy pudding recipe (#58589)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (Generic brands are typically dairy-free, but Nestles and Hersheys are not, so read the labels!)
- 1 (10 ounce) package firm silken tofu (I prefer Mori Nu)
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon honey or 1 -2 tablespoon brown rice syrup, to taste
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 banana, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan or double boiler with a tablespoon of water over medium heat.
- 2Transfer the melted chocolate to the container of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- 3Add the tofu and process until smooth.
- 4Add the brown sugar, honey, or rice syrup to taste, and sprinkle in the nutmeg.
- 5Process again until velvety smooth.
- 6Stir in the sliced banana, if desired.
- 7Divide the pudding among 6 dessert cups and chill until needed.
- 8Note: If you are looking for a dairy-free pudding, beware!
- 9Some brands of semisweet chips contain milk products.
- 10Most generic or store brands are safe, but be sure to read the label!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Silken Tofu Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g