Ginny Ax's Note:
I pulled this from a magazine, and I have not made it yet. This is similar to how I cook my own holiday stuffing (I add poltry seasoning) but I think it sounds goods with their additions of raisens and nuts. I might even try it with cranberries if I make it for Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion and celery (poultry seasoning, if you are using it) in butter over medium heat until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add broth and raisens.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduced heat, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in stuffing mix and pecans.
- 5Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Fluff with fork before serving.
- 7FOR A CASSEROLE STUFFING:.
- 8After stirring in the stuffing and pecans, put mixture into a buttered casserole dish and cover with foil. (You can refrigerate unitl you are ready to bake.).
- 9Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 10Uncover and bake 5 additional minutes for a crisp top.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Side Dish Stuffing from Sun-Maid
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 833.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g