Boo Chef in West Texas's Note:
posting for ZWT from The Quick Recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled (41 to 50 count)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 2 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 6 ounces rice vermicelli (also called rice sticks)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium shallots, sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2 by 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan for cooking the noodles.
- 2Mix the shrimp and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder in a small bowl and set it aside. Mix the garlic and remaining 2 teaspoons curry powder together in another bowl and set it aside. Mix the broth, soy sauce, and mirin together in a third bowl and set it aside.
- 3Add 1 teaspoon salt and the noodles to the boiling water, stir to separate, and boil until tender, about 1 minute. Drain thoroughly and set the noodles aside.
- 4Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook until slightly browned, about 45 seconds. Turn the shrimp with tongs and continue to cook for another 45 seconds. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set them aside in bowl.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add the garlic and curry powder mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shallots and stir-fry until they begin to soften, about 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the softened noodles, shrimp, broth mixture, and bean sprouts and toss until the ingredients are combined and the noodles heated through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Shrimp Singapore Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 1230.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.3 g