Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple garlic shrimp that makes a wonderful weeknight meal or a great dinner for company. Serve with rice or pasta and a green salad.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled and devained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.
- Arrange shrimp in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
I made this recipe using small scallops in place of shrimp and added in some dried chili flakes for heat, I think the wine needs to be reduced slightly as it overpowered the ingredients a little, I will reduce by 1/4 cup next time, also I increased the garlic to 2 tablespoons, my DS enjoyed this with crusty bread, thanks for sharing Kel!...Kitten:)
I don't cook much but wanted to make a special dinner so I found this recipe that looked really easy. I did alter it a little based on what I had on supply.. I used under 2 lbs shrimp and I substituted fresh garlic for 1 Tbs olive oil with garlic in it. I didn't use white wine (not b/c I didn't have it but I wasn't going to use it all up in the recipe) ;) 1/2 cup butter 1 Tbs lemon juice 1Tbs parm cheese like you use with spagetti, I used tsp salt and sprinkled dried parsley. I melted all the ingredients and then poured over my shrimp in the baking dished. Watching it cook and turn pink I pulled it out as it was bubbling and it was perfectly done. We noticed it needed a little kick. Maybe the wine would have given it that needed kick but a dash of black pepper worked just fine. My special people loved it!
This was a really easy weeknight dinner. Made with multigrain angel-hair pasta. To the garlic butter mix, added extra garlic, 1/2 a left-over garden tomato minced, 4 pieces leftover bacon, some fresh chopped basil, and a sprinkling of Old Bay Seasoning. Topped with a bit of fresh Parmesan and fresh garlic bread. Yummy and quick.