Recipe by Not So Good Cook
This recipe came from "The Can Opener Gourmet" by Laura Karr. I've made it with shrimp or crabmeat & both are delicious. There are a number of easy recipes in this book that my kids really enjoyed for dinner! You may have to cover the edges of the piecrust.
Top Review by Hey Jude
This was a great recipe to use up some stuff from around my kitchen. I used about 2 cups of frozen cooked shrimp for the canned shrimp and 4 eggs (to use up the carton taking up room in the fridge). I was really glad to get that frozen pie shell out of my freezer! I served it with a green salad full of veggies from my garden. It was a great meal! Thanks NSGC :)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and nutmeg. Gently stir in the shrimp and cheese. Pour into the frozen piecrust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425. Decrease oven to 325 and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.