Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From BH&G 1953 cookbook. Did use frozen cream of shrimp soup. I've switched to can.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 cup shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- Saute onion and celery; when soft add cream of shrimp soup; stir until smooth.
- Add sour cream; stir.
- Add curry powder and paprika.
- Add shrimp; simmer until shrimp are cooked.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Garnish with chopped hard boiled eggs and peanuts.