Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful chowder that is easy and quick to make. Everyone will love this! We got this out of a Southern Living magazine but my husband has tweeked it a little by adding the corn and bell pepper. They add great flavor and crunch. You can omit them if preferred. I prefer to serve this with some crusty garlic bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (peeled)
- 4 ounces corn
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, saute 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cream of potato soup, milk, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and corn, reduce heat and simmer, stirring often for 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Add bell pepper, then cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish if desired. Serve immediately.