Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tend to be a purist and I'm not too keen on any recipe that starts with "cream of". However, this recipe, from Southern Living, is really good. My husband loves it and all my friends have asked for the recipe. Try it and see if you agree.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat, add onion and saute 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cream of potato soup, milk and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp, reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve with oyster crackers if desired.