Recipe by LMillerRN
From Southern Living.
Top Review by Anne G.
Super easy and yummy! For years I have been trying to find a good recipe for a creamy chowder and this is it! I used 1 1/2 cups of FF Half and half to replace some of the milk. Have made with shrimp and also with crab. (I think I prefer the shrimp.) Added 1 cup of frozen corn as well. Will make often this winter. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium sized fresh shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion.
- Saute for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cream of potato soup,milk and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp, reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish if desired with parsley.
- Serve immediately with oyster crackers.