Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Using frozen precooked shrimp this is a quick, easy and delicious recipe.
- 13 ounces pasta
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb shrimp (precooked and pealed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1. Cook pasta.
- 2. In large pan, spray with cooking spray and add butter and garlic and saute two minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl take 1/4 cup of milk and mix in flour. Add remaining milk to pan. Add flour/milk mix to pan and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Add defrosted shrimp, tomatoes, basil, pepper and pepper flakes - simmer until slightly thickened and shrimp is heated through.
- 7 Place pasta in large bowl, pour shrimp sauce over pasta, and toss well.
This is a good recipe. I found though that I needed to up the seasonings. The garlic seemed lost once the milk was added so I had to add powdered garlic and more dried basil at that point. Modified like that I would like this with chicken too.