Ann Hall's Note:
I have been cooking from this book for the past 40 years. I in fact paid 30 shillings for it (I know that shows my age!). This is a favourite of my children, my friends, their friends and everyone else. They just cannot get enough. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you have any suggestions to make it that little bit better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 2Knead together well with fingertips (you can also mix this well in a blender)until you form a smooth, firm ball.
- 3Turn out onto a lightly floured board and divide into two portions.
- 4Roll out and trim into two oblongs, about 8 x 2.5 inches.
- 5Place on baking tray covered with grease-proof paper and prick with a fork.
- 6Bake in a moderate oven for 30-35 minutes (about 180).
- 7Once baked, cut into fingers whilst still warm and allow to cool on baking tin.
- 8Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and seal in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Shortbread Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g