Ann Hall's Note:
I have been cooking from this book for the past 40 years. I in fact paid 30 shillings for it (I know that shows my age!). This is a favourite of my children, my friends, their friends and everyone else. They just cannot get enough. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you have any suggestions to make it that little bit better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 2Knead together well with fingertips (you can also mix this well in a blender)until you form a smooth, firm ball.
- 3Turn out onto a lightly floured board and divide into two portions.
- 4Roll out and trim into two oblongs, about 8 x 2.5 inches.
- 5Place on baking tray covered with grease-proof paper and prick with a fork.
- 6Bake in a moderate oven for 30-35 minutes (about 180).
- 7Once baked, cut into fingers whilst still warm and allow to cool on baking tin.
- 8Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and seal in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Shortbread Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g