Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Added whole wheat and sesame to the recipe on http://www.reciperascal.com/quick-sourdough.html. Crispy on the outside and soft inside with a nutty flavor. Everyone loved it.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons yeast (one package)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds (black or white or mixed)
- Make the dough with a bread machine. (Or by hand and let rise for 2 hours.).
- Move the dough out onto a floured surface. Make into a ring with floured hands. (You can do this by lengthening the dough and connect the ends. What I did was flatten the ball of dough a bit and put ample flour on the center and dug a hole through it. You'd need ample flour on the center bottom of the dough too. Then put both hands through the hole, hold it up and gently enlarge the ring into doughnut shape with help from gravity. The photo shows only one hand because one hand was taking the picture.).
- Let the ring of dough rise a second time in a warm place for 20-30 minute or untill doubled in size.
- Cut slashes of your own design, then bake at 375F for 35 minutes. (You have to watch during the last few minutes because it can get too dark very fast.).