Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had scallops and little time to make dinner so this is what I came up with and the kids loved it. Maybe they were just hungry.
- Cook spaghetti per package instruction while preparing the scallops.
- (Drain spaghetti and reserve about 1 cup of pasta water).
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat skillet on medium high. Add olive oil and heat about 1 minute.
- Add garlic and black pepper, saute for about 45 seconds, do not brown.
- Add scallops and cook until opaque (about 5 minutes).
- Remove scallops to a bowl with slotted spoon.
- Add onion and cook until softened (add a ladle or about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta water to skillet to make sauce).
- Once onion pieces are clear and soft, squeeze in the juice of one large lemon.
- Salt to taste.
- Drain and put hot spaghetti in a large bowl, immediately pour the skillet of scallops on top of the spaghetti, add chopped parsley and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately, can add lemon, parsley or red pepper to taste.
Great recipe. Like ShellyS said, it is very light. We had it for a late dinner and it didn't feel heavy, at all. I did add 3/4 of a Vodka sauce, which I think made it very tasty. Also added chopped fresh red peppers to the onions, which cooked enough to soften them, but let some crunchiness. Also, rather than bay scallops, I used fresh wild scallops (only 1 lb) and it was delicious. It all tasted so fresh.
Nice, light recipe. I added a little parm cheese on top at the end but was otherwise true to the recipe. Great flavor, and so quick and easy! Thank you, Nado.