Top Review by LainieBug
I used 2 Macintosh apples, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of the lemon water and 1/4 t. cinnamon. I agree with the other reviewer that it was too much liquid. I would use only 1 tablespoon of the lemon water next time. That being said, these are really good scalloped apples and I ate them on top of oatmeal.
- 2 medium apples, peeled,cored,and chopped or sliced
- lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- ground spices (I like cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and apple pie spice)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Put in a solution of lemon juice and water to prevent them from turning brown.
- Drain the apples, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Melt the margarine and saute the apples over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add 2 Tbs.
- to a 1/4 cup of the liquid and simmer until apples are tender.
- Add brown sugar and cook until liquid is thick.
- (About a minute) Serve over ice cream, on oatmeal, or as a side dish.