Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
A delicious twist on spinach. This is the only way that my brother will eat it! You may want to double or triple this recipe. I typically allocate 1/2 lb. of raw spinach per person so this recipe os for 2 servings.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan or large pot.
- Once heated, add the minced garlic and stir. DO NOT LET THE GARLIC BURN!
- Add the spinach and toss to coat the spinach. Cover and adjust to very low heat.
- Let the spinach steam, untouched for 5 minutes. Remove lid and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and serve. (If the spinach is not cooked to your liking, continue to steam with lid on for another 2 minutes).
This was really good! Quick, easy, healthy and best of all, my family loved it! I don't think we'll ever eat frozen spinach as a side dish again. This was faster, tasted better, didn't have all the good stuff boiled out of it and didn't have a bunch of water to drain off of it. Thanks so much!!