Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Lanni (allrecipes). Makes a wonderful side dish, especially for an Italian meal. I think it would be wonderful as a burger topping.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar, garlic, herbs, and mushrooms and saute for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately.
Fabulous and easy! If you love mushrooms, you'll love this as a side dish or over a grilled steak. I only used the butter and not the olive oil. I sauteed for 20 minutes and they were perfect. Thanx for posting!
The original recipe would provide a very silky blend of flavor which I agree would be a perfect mate for steak or roast chicken side. Preference matter, I doubled the vinegar portion and have slightly more oregano for a stronger taste because I am going to put it in the sandwich this morn together with alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts and egg. I sense a jolt of surprise from the taste blended together with other ingredients when eating it. My husband really loves it. Would definitely make it again. Thanks for putting this recipe up.
Very nice and simple to prepare! I used this as a side to some roasted chicken, and because I didn't realize that I was out of certain herbs, I ended up using Italian seasoning instead. Thanks for this truly "quick" recipe!