Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple comfort food. Ready in no time flat!
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, Diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 lb frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- Fry sausage, onion, bell pepper and garlic until done. Drain. Add back to pot, along with remaining ingredients except cheese. Add 3 cups water. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring often. Add cheese and stir until melted. You are done!
I really enjoyed this and it was a snap to but together. My family was only lukewarm to it but I anticipated it and made only a half recipe and ended up scraping the bottom of the pot for more.