Quick Sausage, Apple, and Sage Stuffing
- In a big skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add in onion and celery; cook, uncovered, stirring often, until the veggies are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add in sausage; cook, stirring often to break up the sausage with a spoon, until the sausage is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape the sausage mixture into a big bowl; add in the stuffing mix, dried apples, melted butter, parsley, and sage.
- Toss, gradually adding about 1 ½ cups broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with ½ cup broth.
- Cover and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes; if you like crusty stuffing, uncover the last 15 minutes of baking.