1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery & tops, finely chopped
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package seasoned bread stuffing mix
- 1 cup packed coarsely chopped dried apple
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2-2 cups turkey broth or 1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth, as needed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a big skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add in onion and celery; cook, uncovered, stirring often, until the veggies are softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add in sausage; cook, stirring often to break up the sausage with a spoon, until the sausage is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3Scrape the sausage mixture into a big bowl; add in the stuffing mix, dried apples, melted butter, parsley, and sage.
- 4Toss, gradually adding about 1 ½ cups broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Transfer to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with ½ cup broth.
- 7Cover and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes; if you like crusty stuffing, uncover the last 15 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Sausage, Apple, and Sage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (1351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1043.7
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 3245.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: