Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite soup transformed into a quick chili
- 1 roasted deli chicken
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-tel Mexican festival tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry ranch dressing mix
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- As onion cooks, remove meat from chicken and add to onion.
- Stir in taco seasoning and dressing mixes.
- Add 1 can of tomatoes and 1 Rotel, with all liquids.
- Pour 1 can of black beans into blender with liquid, add the chilis, puree and add to pan.
- Puree 1 can corn,1 can tomatoes and 1 can Rotel with can liquids 1 and add to pan.
- Drain and rinse 1 can of black beans, add to pan.
- Add 1 can of corn with liquid to pan.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, turn to simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
Very nice chili. I used homemade ranch seasoning. Since I don't like to use the liquid from bean and veggie cans, I rinsed and drained them and added some chicken broth to make up for the liquid. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe was very good! I reduced the amount of chiles and substituted one of the cans of Rotel for regular diced tomatoes, because I thought it might be too hot for some members of my family. It turned out perfectly. Next time, I will make a spicier batch for myself. I also reduced the ranch seasoning down to one to reduce the saltiness. Next time I will make my own mixes per Sweetslady's suggestion. Very flavorful-I made ths for Spring PAC 2010, thanks!
Whew, this is hot! I quartered the recipe and ended up using a whole can of rotel. I used frozen corn defrosted and also made my own taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mis. We topped it off with some cheddar and sour cream. This was great for some leftover chicken that I had. Thanks, Julie!