Recipe by What's Cooking?
Adapted from "Better Homes and Gardens" by Vital Choice Seafood Co. Haven't tried this one yet.
- 12 ounces salmon fillets, skin removed, 3/4-inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw salmon, if frozen.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into two (6-ounce) pieces. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor or a mini-chopper combine oregano, cilantro, green onion, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Cover and process until chopped. (Or, use a knife to finely chop oregano, cilantro, green onion, and garlic.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl. Stir in lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.)
- Generously coat both sides of salmon with the herb mixture.
- Cook the salmon on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until the salmon just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- To serve, cut each salmon piece in half.