Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a quickie that my mashed potato lovers really dig. From TOH-Quick Cooking.
Top Review by MrsEl
Thank YOU for this recipe, NurseDi. My DH, our 1-year old son and I all loved it. Easy to prepare and delicious. (I used the salmon in a pouch to avoid draining, flaking, picking over. I reduced the mashed potatoes and cheese a little as I was only serving 2 1/2 people and I wanted more salmon flavor and less potato anyway.) This will be served often at our house. Thank you again!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained,flaked,and picked over
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes (or 3 c. leftover mashed potatoes)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add butter to a saucepan; melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and ketchup until consistancy is smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add salmon, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Spoon half of mashed potatoes into a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Top with salmon mixture, then remaining potatoes, and top it off with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted.