This came from my mother-in-law via my wife. It's always been a family favorite, especially in cool/cold weather. It does require a pressure cooker, but I believe more people should learn to cook with one. It's fast! And it makes one of the tougher cuts of beef into a melt-in-your-mouth comfort food. I've never seen any written directions that I know of. Just experiment a little and you'll come up with your own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the round steak into pieces about the size for one serving -- maybe 2-3 inches by 4-5 inches.
- 2Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic.
- 3Dredge in white flour (both sides).
- 4Brown meat in 1/2 cup (+/-) oil in skillet or bottom of pressure cooker.
- 5Empty the soup cans into the pressure cooker. (If you used it for browning, be sure to pour off excess oil.).
- 6Add the meat -- unless it's still in the pressure cooker :).
- 7Mix meat gently into soup concentrate, making sure that each piece is coated on both sides.
- 8Following the directions for your pressure cooker, cover and seal.
- 9Place the “rocker” on the top steam vent.
- 10Cook over medium-high heat.
- 11When the “rocker” begins rocking, you can reduce heat as long as it keeps rocking.
- 12Cook for ten to twelve minutes, then remove from heat.
- 13Following directions for your cooker, allow to cool on a trivet or hasten the cooling with water running into a sink.
- 14DO NOT remove the rocker until the pressure has gone down.
- 15Open lid when the pressure lock permits.
- 16Serve hot with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
- 17(Increase or decrease amounts carefully! The amount of meat can be varied, but doubling the meat doesn't mean you need to double the amount of oil.).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Round Steak -- Comfort Food
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 1046.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 41.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless round steak