Diana in KS's Note:
Original internet recipe that has been modified to fit out needs. This bread has a cracker taste when you first bite into it. So it is perfect for soups and stew meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (top)
- 1 3/4 cups warm water (hot to touch, not burning)
- coarse salt
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (top, to taste)
- 1Place the flour, yeast, sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, half the rosemary and garlic in the food processor bowl. Process in a few bursts to mix. With the processor running, slowly add 1 cup of the water, then the 1/2 cup olive oil and finally the remaining 3/4 cup water. Process until the dough coalesces into a ball and starts riding around on the blade. Turn out on a floured board and knead a few strokes. Dough should be relatively stiff but still pliable. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place 'til doubled, about 1-1/2 hour.
- 2Place the baking stone in the oven and preheat to 450º. Punch the dough down, divide into 2 balls and flatten each ball to a disk about 8 - 10 " in diameter. Place on a corn-meal covered board or peel, cover with a clean towel and allow to rise in a warm place for about 1/2 hour.
- 3When the dough has finished the second rising, use your forefinger to poke deep dimples all over the loaf, about 1-1/2" apart. Drizzle olive oil over the loaves, scatter on the remaining rosemary & garlic then slide them onto the stone. Bake 10 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 375º and bake 20 - 25 minutes more, until the bread is a nice dark golden brown. Two minutes before the bread is done, brush with the egg wash and sprinkle generously with the coarse salt.
- 4Allow to cool on a rack for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Rosemary & Garlic Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2140.3
- Calories from Fat 952
- Total Fat 105.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 2688.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 250.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: