1 hr 10 mins
Taken from The New Portuguese Table by David Leite http://leitesculinaria.com This is an easy and flavorful roast chicken, the potatoes cook in the same pan which makes cleanup easy! The red pepper paste called for in the original is Amped-Up Red Pepper Paste but if you want to use another pepper paste please do so. The timing will be different depending on your oven and how large your bird is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2Remove any giblets from the chicken, and pull away any extra fat from inside the bird. Gently separate the skin from the meat over the breasts, thighs, and legs; being careful not to tear it. Spread 4 tablespoons of the red pepper paste under the skin, coating the breast, thigh, and leg meat as evenly as you can. Massage 1 more tablespoon over the skin, then season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a rack that will fit in a roasting pan with room for the potato chunks below the rack.
- 3Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and remaining red pepper paste, and place them in the bottom of the roasting pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the rack with the chicken on it over the potatoes and place in the preheated oven.
- 4Roast until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 160F, about an hour. Remove the pan from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 5While the bird is resting, check the potatoes for doneness. If they are not completely tender, toss the pan back in the oven until the chicken is done resting.
- 6Carve the chicken into serving pieces and serve with the potatoes on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Roast Chicken With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.7
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 61.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pepper paste