1/2 Photos of Quick Risotto With Carrots and Feta
Missy Wombat's Note:
A Moosewood recipe from the "Cooks at Home" cookbook. My toddler loves this and will eat extremely well so it is a good recipe to use if they are hitting a fussy phase. I don't bother matchsticking the carrots - I just grate them if the meal is just for us. Good quick recipe for a weeknight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the stock to a boil in a covered pot.
- 2Put the carrots in the stock water, lower the heat and very gently simmer.
- 3In a large wok or saucepan, saute the onions until softened but not brown.
- 4Carefully add the rice and stir genly unil the grains are thoroughly coated with oil.
- 5Add the dill.
- 6Ladle 1 cup of the carrot stock into the saucepan with the rice and stir.
- 7When it is absorbed, ladle in another cup worth.
- 8Keep stirring in the stock and carrots like this until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is ender but al dente[15-20 minutes].
- 9When the risotto is ready, remove it from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, feta and optional parsley.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Risotto With Carrots and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: