Recipe by evelyn/athens
A frozen pie shell can be a great thing to have around, especially if there's little time to get dinner and you want something done quickly and done well. This is one of those recipes. A snap to put together, provided you have all the ingredients, and a delicious meal with little effort.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (Your favourite)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle pie crust with flour.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in spinach and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Saute until all liquid from spinach evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in large bowl.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add spinach mixture; blend well.
- Spoon spinach mixture into pie crust.
- Bake until filling is set in center and brown on top, about 45-50 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.