- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, broth, water, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is soft and broth is slightly creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine beef and cornstarch.
- Using a whisk, mix beef into jook.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil.