Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick soup recipe from Martin Yan.
Make and share this Quick Rice Jook recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, broth, water, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is soft and broth is slightly creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine beef and cornstarch.
- Using a whisk, mix beef into jook.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
This was just a little too bland and plain for our tastes. I added some shredded carrots and sliced celery to punch it up a little.
this is the best!! tastes just like congee from a great chinese restaurant. this will be a frequent repeat!! i used ground turkey but did not change anything else. yum!!!
Wonderful! Kind of an Asian flavored savory porridge. A quick and delicious way to stretch ingredients into a healthy and satisfying one-dish meal. I used a little more meat but otherwise followed the directions exactly. The green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil are key. I also sprinkled in a bit of fresh ground pepper.