Recipe by belkathy
This makes an easy, healthy snack. You can use whatever's in your fridge for the veggies. I typically make this when we haven't been to the store in a while, to use up some of the odds and ends of my vegetable drawer before they spoil.
Top Review by Pittsburgher
No, I'll NOT go easy on the garlic ;-) I tried topping with onion/peppers and then putting it in the toaster, that way they got nicely grilled and smoky, good if you like it that way. Thanks.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese or 1 slice monterey jack cheese, bread-sized
- Italian herb seasoning
- garlic powder
- 3 -4 green olives
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 slices bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cheese on top of one of the slices.
- Sprinkle it with the Italian herbs (amount is up to your personal preferences) and very lightly sprinkle the garlic powder (go easy).
- Place the cheese topped bread as well as the other slice in the toaster oven to toast.
- Make sure cheese melts and toast doesn't burn.
- When slices are done, remove and top with vegetables.
- Use as much of each vegetable as you wish.
- Spread mustard on the slice without the cheese and put the slices together.