This makes an easy, healthy snack. You can use whatever's in your fridge for the veggies. I typically make this when we haven't been to the store in a while, to use up some of the odds and ends of my vegetable drawer before they spoil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the cheese on top of one of the slices.
- 2Sprinkle it with the Italian herbs (amount is up to your personal preferences) and very lightly sprinkle the garlic powder (go easy).
- 3Place the cheese topped bread as well as the other slice in the toaster oven to toast.
- 4Make sure cheese melts and toast doesn't burn.
- 5When slices are done, remove and top with vegetables.
- 6Use as much of each vegetable as you wish.
- 7Spread mustard on the slice without the cheese and put the slices together.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Refrigerator Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 590.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g