Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We all know raw broccoli is super healthy, but it is hard to eat a lot "straight up", and in salads it can be woody and not matching leaves in texture. This recipe is a quick answer for serving it edibly. The ingredient qty below serves one; if increasing for more people, don't increase the powerful tastes like rosemary in direct proportion, just having them in there in a tiny amount is fine. As presentation is considered irrelevant here, it is more of an "eat now" not "serve" salad.
- 1 small head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 pinch mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Chop the broccoli and tomato and put in the bowl. Don't worry about the broccoli fragmenting into lots of tiny bits and bits of stalk, it will all mix in fine.
- Add the salt, pepper, and lemon juice directly on top.
- Dollop the mayonnaise on top and add the chives, rosemary, and mint so they mix with the mayonnaise first.
- Stir all together.
- Pour over the oil and vinegar (stir together first if making more than 1 portion of this recipe).