Recipe by MathMom.calif
Use poultry sausage, a low-fat kind (check the labels). Or omit the sausage altogether for a vegetarian entree. This is a nice quick ratatouille.
Top Review by RAVICKERY
Great recipe! My wife really liked it, the fresh spices make the world of difference. My suggestion is that you use spinach/feta chicken sausage for the meet, I can't imagine not having meat in this dish, it wouldn't be as good otherwise. All in all good stuff!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small medium hot pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 small eggplants or 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 -10 ounces cooked chicken sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oil in a deep frying pan over high heat. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, squash and eggplant. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomato and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice.