Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe on the back of a sugar packet. I hate Bananas in anything and this is the only recipe I've ever come across where I don't mind the bananas. When I make it I put the batter into 12 Medium Muffin moulds instead and halve the cooking time. The family loves them as a snack, lunchbox treat or breakfast on the run.
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain wholemeal flour, sifted
- 2 1⁄2 cups baking powder
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, Lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 80 g butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180c conventional/160c fan forced. Grease and line base of a 10 x 20cm loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and banana in a large bowl.
- Combine vanilla, eggs, milk and butter. Pour into dry mixture and mix lightly.
- Fold through Raspberries.
- Spoon into pan, sprinkle with extra sugar and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve with butter or fresh ricotta whipped with honey.