Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this. The quantity and cook time is estimates.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, NOT drained
- Mix all ingredients in pan.
- Cook over heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, store in covered jar in refrigerator.
Easy to make & just as easy to eat ~ VERY, VERY NICE TASTING RELISH! I really like the combo of raisins & pineapple here, & I found it as tasty in a turkey sandwich as it is on a slice of roast pork! Cooking time for me was a little over 12 minutes, as I wanted a very tender onion! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]